Somehow our little girl is three quarters of a year old. In just a few months we will be celebrating her first birthday, which I feel like I need to emotionally prepare myself for, and yet again she seems to be developing by leaps and bounds! All those sweet little things we’ve been practicing with her, whether consciously or subconsciously, are starting to develop and she’s able to do them on her own. It’s really cool and exciting to see! Shes showing us her own unique and wonderful personality more everyday, and I truly feel so fortunate and honored to be able to raise her and be her mom!
Since time flies, and it seems everyday Clementine is learning and progressing more, I thought I’d do another little update. For my own sake, to help me remember what happened when, and to show off some cute pictures too.
- She started to crawl about one month ago and is now constantly on the go! She’s motoring around, showing me the things I need to baby proof, finding items I had no idea existed, and is quite pleased with herself while doing so.
- She started to say Mom and Dad more clearly around 8 months old! And it melts my heart every single time. Especially when she wants to cuddle me and sweetly cries out “mommmmm” in a sad and adorable voice.
- Clementine still loooooves being around people! She’s a total people person, which is really fortunate for me. It makes running errands and being social way easier and enjoyable.
- She just started to wave while saying “hiiiii” (Adam taught her that), and if you’re lucky enough to be the recipient of it then well done. Pretty much only adam gets to witness it so far, except for the two times she did it for me (but Adam was beside me sooo…)
- Every time we clap our hands in front of her we say “yaaaaay!” and now whenever she claps her hands she also does the same! It’s also really funny if she sees/hears someone else clap (or say yay), because she immediately joins in.
- Clementine is loving being able to eat real food, not just the puréed stuff, and is clearly pleased with herself as she chomps it down. Her current faves are baked zucchini, baked potatoes, and little pieces of tomatoes. We just started to try chicken again, she was having a hard time swallowing it before, and she’s pretty into that too.
- She still falls asleep in the car sometimes, and it’s the cutest thing. Especially since we have a little mirror set up now so I can glance back and see her snoozing away, so peacefully.
- My little lady helps me thrift for my store, Objects & Goods Co., and has been running her hands along the hangers like I usually do. I love it of course. I hope we can continue this mother-daughter outing for a long time!
- Her favourite books are still The Little Caterpillar, Stuck, and any Oliver Jeffers books.
- She loves to turn the pages when we read books together, and also closes them after I say “the end”!
- In just 2.5 short months, she has cut 7 teeth (6 are fully through and one other that is just cutting through now). There have been long nights, grumpy moments, and the use of Colic Calm (natural gripe water) has absolutely occurred, but she’s really been such a champ through it all. I’m so impressed by her, and also so thankful we don’t remember that stage as adults.
- Clementine loves being thrown up in the air and airplaning it. This makes her dad pretty excited since it means he may just have a rollercoaster buddy in the future.