This past Sunday our little Clementine turned six months old!
Clementine has been growing and developing by leaps and bounds yet again. It seems that when she sets her mind to something, she makes it happen. A week and a half ago she suddenly started to sit by herself, no support, for long periods at a time and she is really enjoying the freedom of being able to play by herself. So am I!
Half a year this little lady has been in our lives, and she has made it brighter and much more exciting. Her personality continues to shine through more and more everyday and it’s such an honour and privilege for me to be able to be at home with her, watching it happen.
With each new phase Adam & I make sure we talk about the things we are enjoying, fond memories we’re making, and what our favourite thing is about it, even if Clementine is going through a cranky, clingly, no sleep phase (my favourite thing about that phase is how much she just wants to cuddle me). Because time seems to fly by, faster each day, and we want to make sure we enjoy every bit we can. Currently our favourite thing is how much more interactive she has become, the hilarious new sounds she has discovered she can make, and how much she loves to read with us. She’s been trying to help me turn pages this past week, which I find insanely adorable.
After her afternoon nap, Clementine and I will sit in bed and read a couple of books and then play with one of her wooden toys. This time together is easily one of my favourite parts of our day.
Before bed, after we’ve put her in her footed onesie and sleep sack, Adam and I sit in bed with her and read some more books. Then we pray together, and put her to sleep. We love spending this part of the evening together because, no matter how crazy our day may be, we get a moment of family time together to wind down and cuddle altogether.
Here are a few things that are currently happening :
- Clementine decided about a week and a half ago that she wanted to sit all by herself, and now just loves to sit and play.
- She also found out that flopping backwards onto the pillows on our bed is fun and will just lounge like that for a minute or two before wanting to sit back up. And then of course flop backwards again moments later.
- She can almost sit up by herself! We just need to hold her legs down, and then she proceeds to pull herself up with her insanely strong core.
- Clementine is obsessed with The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Home, A Little Stuck, and Guess How Much I Love You. I think we read those book around four times a day each…and I would read them four more times. Maybe I’m obsessed with them too?
- She loves being around people! She loves watching everything that is going on nearby, observing the world around her, and interacting with people. We’ve taken her out to multiple restaurants, roamed around the mall with her, brought her to IKEA more times than I can count, and I’ve taken her shopping for vintage goods. And every time her eyes are opened wide in wonder, taking it all in.
- She is continually discovering new noises that she can make with her mouth and it’s the cutest, funniest, and most entertaining thing to watch.
- Lately Clementine has became super cuddly with me, especially right before bed. She feeds, then I will go to burp her and she will nuzzle into the crook of my neck. I almost cry every time because it melts my heart.
- She still loves music, which makes me incredibly happy of course. We dance to it together, she falls asleep to some of it, and parties in her car seat in the back of the car too.
- She loves to bounce and walk around, all she needs are two fingers to hold onto. She tries to push our hands away and do it herself, so I will not be surprised if she skips the crawling and walks by herself in a few months.
- Clementine has said what truly sounds like “hiiiiii” to a couple of people now, usually while we are out! And her breathy, sweet voice is enough to make me melt into a puddle onto the ground. So. Cute.
- Her first food was a little mushed up piece of my baked potato from The Keg! We went out for dinner with my parents and decided to let her try some since she kept eyeing up our food. She loved it, and now I need to get my butt in gear and get some veggies steamed and pureed so she can try out more things.