I thought I’d start a new series, “A Few Of My Favourite Things”, since there are a lot of products out there (especially for babies) and it can be hard to decipher what is truly a good product. Every month I will feature some of our favourite products, whether it be baby things, house things, womenswear, or something else. When I find a company I really believe in I want to share it, and that is just what I am doing!
This month it’s all about baby items. We’ve found some of these companies by fluke on Instagram, in West Coast Kids (which is one of my favourite places to shop for baby things in my city), or by word of mouth. So here they are, some of my favourite baby items!
I’m always interested in finding out about other items and companies to look into too, so please feel free to comment and share with me!
1. L’oved Baby Footed Overalls – Organic, super soft, and GOTS certified, these onesies are our absolute favourite, no competition. They have gl’oved-sleeves to keep your baby’s hands warm at night and to keep them from scratching themselves, as well as snap buttons all the way down the body and one leg for easy diaper changing. We adore this company, and can’t say enough good things about them and their products!
2. H&M Wrapover Bodysuit – I love that these bodysuits have the wrapover feature. They’re much more convenient to get onto your child since you don’t have to pull it over their head, and you don’t have to deal with the stretched out neck hole afterwards. They’re made with organic cotton jersey, and I think that they’re just plain cute.
3. Briar Handmade Pearl Mohair Bonnet – I’ve been waiting to order Clementine one of these bonnets for a couple of months now, and we gave her this one for Christmas! It’s incredible! It’s made of wool and lined with organic bamboo fleece to keep her head nice and warm in our chilly weather over here, and comes in the most beautiful pastel pink. We love this bonnet (and company) so much that we have decided to purchase one every year for Christmas for our kids until they grow out of the sizes available!
4. Matt & Nat Raylan Diaper Bag (in chili) – I wanted a diaper bag that didn’t look like a diaper bag. One that was keeping with my personal style, had a shoulder strap, could still fit a lot into it, and had many compartments. This diaper bag is all of those things and more! I really like that the interior is made of recycled plastic bottles, and that the exterior doesn’t scratch or tear easily.
5. Jellycat Bashful Kitty – Clementine loves the Jellycat stuffed animals, but especially loves her Bashful Kitty. We also have a smaller bunny and a larger one, all incredibly cute and great keepsakes.
6. Little Unicorn Swaddles – We’ve tried other swaddles but these beat out all the others for how they wear, and how soft yet structured they are. They were great for swaddling Clementine when she was a little babe, and she now loves to snuggle with them. They come in a variety of beautiful colours and prints too.
7. Ergobaby Four Position 360 – We only bought this item a couple of weeks ago, but we are really enjoying it. It sits comfortably on me, allows me to carry Clementine outwards, which is currently her fave, and is so far the only carrier which maintains the proper “frog” leg position to keep baby’s hips sitting well.
8. Honest Company Diapers (and wipes) – Not only are these diapers ridiculously cute (seriously check out those prints!), but they are made without many of the harsh chemicals that other diapers contain, and are hypoallergenic. We really like how they fit, and also are big fans of their wipes, which are very thick and even got rid of the thick meconium. And to top it all off, they get delivered to our doorstep every month so I never have to go out and purchase them!
9. Grimm’s Large Conical Tower – Clementine is starting to enjoy toys a lot more now and loves the bright colours of these. She also loves chewing on everything at the moment, and I love not having to worry about what chemicals are going into her mouth when she chews on these. And as she gets older she can enjoy this toy in different ways, like learning which colour is which, and stacking the rings.
10. Bugaboo Cameleon3 Classic+ – When I started to research strollers while I was still pregnant with Clementine I found this one and knew it was the one I wanted. The Bugaboo Cameleon3 Classic+ has all of the features of the Cameleon3, such as converting from pram to seat, an easyily foldable light frame, and a reversible seat, plus it features faux-leather details and micro-fleece quilted lining. It’s the one item we decided to splurge on, and it was worth every penny. We’re hoping to purchase the Bugaboo Donkey when we have another child!
11. Uncle Goose Classic ABC Blocks – These were Clementines other Christmas gift, which I admittedly bought while still pregnant with her because I just could not pass them by. There is beautifully detailed embossing on two sides of each block, four full alphabets, numbers, and animals with the names below them. They are great classic wooden blocks, keepsakes really, that you can use to help teach your kids couting, the alphabet, spelling, and animal names. They come in a bunch of different languages too!